Trademarks are now the most valuable assets as an intellectual property in
enterprises’ power, much rather than their tangibles. Remember the “Apple” story
from a bitten apple logo to a value of $145 B, much more than the total of
tangibles. Consider the Lacoste crocodile logo, accordingly.
Why Should Your Trademark Be Valuated?
Financial trademark valuation is becoming increasingly more important throughout
the world, not only because of modified IAS/IFRS regulations, which rendered the
valuation of acquired trademarks compulsory for certain companies, but also
because of tightened rating and credit rules as part of Basel II. Trademark
valuation plays a vital role when it comes to corporate transactions, licensing,
loan security, bankruptcy, litigation and trademark-controlling.
We are valuating your trademark based on the most modern scientific valuation
methods and fulfill the requirements of all valuation standards such as IDW S 5
and ISO 10668, as well as international directives for financial reporting
standards (IAS/IFRS, US-GAAP).
Our valuation analysts and trademark professionals can use any of three standard
methodologies to value a trademark, specific to circumstances and requests, i.e.
the cost, the income and the market-based methods.
All required information is selectively detected and our report is prepared in
view of the following inquiries, in general:
Advantages of Trademark Valuation Service
- Trademark history and use information
- Estimation of trademark life and its strength
- Existing market researches, analysis reports, past performances of competitors
- Financials from income statements of last 5 periods
- Financial estimations of next 5 years
- Revenue values of the trademark in general
- Long-term economic growing values and estimated inflation rates
- Advertising, publicity, promotional expenses and their annual figures
- Trademark registrations
- Any legal actions to defend trademark’s reputation
- Within 2-3 weeks for a preliminary valuation draft
- Three separate approaches of valuation for internal use
- International valuation standards are always taken into account.
- Great emphasis on transparency and stressable valuation steps in our reports
- Usable for official approval via a determination action at the IP Court in
Turkey or before relevant authorities in Europe, USA etc., if required.
- All steps are described in the valuation process in a clear, transparent and
easily comprehensible manner.
- We employ the most common and accepted valuation methods accepted worldwide
for trademarks by tax authorities, financial and administrative bodies.